Want to study in Canada?

Reasons to Study in Canada

With nearly half a million international students, Canada is known for providing high quality education at affordable prices and world-renowned degrees. Add to that an excellent quality of life, post-study career possibilities and immigration opportunities.


Useful information for students

work while studying

Up to 20 hours a week and 40 hours during holidays

work after graduating

Programs eligible for PGWP (18 months to 3 years)

family package

Spouse and children can accompany the student

Permanent residence​


Why study in Canada?

Canada is an important destination for students around the world, surpassing popular countries like the United States and the United Kingdom. But why?

Reasons to study in Canada:


Canada is one of the safest countries in the world, with many newcomers attracted by its welcoming environment.

Excellent teaching

Canadian universities and colleges offer world-class education, with three of them ranked in the top 50 in the world, according to the Times Higher Education.

I study and work:

A Canadian Study Permit may also give you a permit to work while you study. This helps some students to offset the costs of their studies.

Student life:

Studying in Canada is far from boring. College, universities and even language courses offer a range of leisure and sports options. Plus, you'll literally be connecting with people from all over the world.

Permanent immigration for students:

Many international students come to love Canada so much that they choose to stay permanently! In fact, in 2018, Canada had the largest number of international alumni transitioning to permanent status: almost 54,000!

Available programs

There are hundreds of programs available, from vacation courses for those who simply want to improve their language to advanced undergraduate and graduate programs such as masters or doctoral degrees eligible for immigration.


high school

From 12 to 17 years old


English or French

Any age



From 17 years old (no limit)

Who can study in Canada?

As a general rule, all international students holding a study permit. Without it, there is no way to carry out any study program, unless you intend to take a language course with a duration of less than 6 months. For these cases it is possible to study in Canada using a travel authorization or visitor visa.

You will also need:

acceptance letter

You will be required to present a document attesting that you have been accepted to a school and study program in Canada.

compatible program

Your program of study must be longer than six months and full-time.

Financial capacity

You must show that you or your sponsor have the financial resources to pay for your first year of tuition, plus your first year's living expenses in Canada.

Links with your country

You must demonstrate that you intend to leave Canada before your student status in Canada expires.

Looking for Canadian universities?

Take your career even further by pursuing a postgraduate degree in Canada.

Did you know that international students are very welcome at Canadian universities and that it is possible to earn scholarships for undergraduate and graduate courses such as master’s and doctorate?

Pathways to permanent residence as a student

There are a few different permanent residency programs that you should be aware of. Each of these programs has a different set of eligibility criteria and a different application process. It’s up to you to figure out which program (or programs) is best for you.

Some programs available for students:

Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

CEC is part of the incredibly popular Express Entry immigration system, with processing times of less than six months. Express immigration entry is for applicants intending to live in any province other than Quebec. As a minimum requirement, you must have at least one year of qualified Canadian work experience.

Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)

PNPs are mini-immigration programs organized by the provinces and territories of Canada. Some provinces have PNPs that allow international graduates to apply directly for permanent resident status.

Quebec Experience Program (PEQ)

If you completed your education in Quebec, there is a good chance that you will qualify for the PEQ. This is a specific permanent residency program for those who have studied and/or worked in Quebec. But! Please note: PEQ requires that you have advanced intermediate skills in French, so be sure to learn the language while studying or working.

Complete exchange guide

sign up

and receive it now!

Apply now to receive our complete guide for international students. From school choice to permanent residency, everything you need to know.

brunette girl pointing up
Information 1

desculpe-nos :(

Sessão indisponível no momento, tente mais tarde.